Slingsby parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Rydale; 7 miles from Malton, 9 from Kirkby Moorside and Helmsley, 23 from York. Population 548. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of Rydale.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1687-1728, 1736-1857
- Marriages: 1687-1728, 1736-1971
- Burials: 1687-1728, 1736-1885
- Included in the above are some baptisms from Castle Howard Chapel.
- 1600, 1625, 1631-1639, 1661, 1662, 1665-1667, 1669, 1673, 1676,1677, 1684-1687, 1689, 1691, 1693-1699, 1701-1714, 1716-1854
There are separate BTs for the Castle Howard Chapel baptisms, as follows: 1813-1826, 1828-1830, 1833-1835, 1842*
* Has some Slingsby baptisms
- C 1687-1716, 1716-1854, 1854-1857;
- M 1687-1716, 1716-1837, 1837-1887
Transcripts and Indexes:
- B 1813-1885; Rydale Family History Group (purchase).
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.