South Kilvington parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Birdforth; 1¼ miles from Thirsk, 8 from Northallerton, 24¼ from York. Population 260. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Wilfrid, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1572-1876
- Marriages: 1572-1963
- Burials: 1572-1914
- 1600-1603, 1605, 1607, 1610-1612, 1625, 1626, 1632, 1634, 1636-1638,1661-1673, 1675, 1679-1682, 1684-1692, 1694-1707, 1709, 1711-1716, 1718, 1720-1727, 1729-1736, 1739, 1744-1837, 1853-1860
- C 1744-1860;
- M 1744-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1572-1837; M 1576-1836; B 1581-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
- M 1576-1837; Typed transcript; (+banns) Cleveland Family History Society (purchase).
- B 1576-1837; Typed transcript; (+banns) Cleveland Family History Society (purchase).
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.