[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"SOUTH OTTERINGTON, a parish in the wapentake of Birdforth, liberties of Allertonshire and Ripon; 5 miles S. of Northallerton. There are two medieties in the Sectory of South Otterington, Gamwell House and Wetherill House. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew (see Churches for photograph); the living is a rectory, in the patronage of T. Bramby, gentleman, of which the Rev. Joshua Sampson, A. M. is the resident incumbent. Pop. 201."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry for South Otterington in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of South Otterington.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from South Otterington to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE374876 (Lat/Lon: 54.282675, -1.427056), South Otterington which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The War Memorial in St. Andrew's churchyard, South Otterington.
- This parish is covered by the following Society: