Hide

Stillington parish:

hide
Hide
Hide

Stillington, Benefactions transcription:

The Church enlargement plaque in St. Nicholas's Church, Stillington.


THIS CHURCH was rebuilt and enlarged in the year 1840, by which means, One hundred and forty additional sittings were obtained, and in consequence of a Grant, from the Incorporated Society for promoting the enlargement, building and repairing of Churches and Chapels, ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY of that number, are hereby declared to be free, and unappropriated for ever: the provision of Church room, previous to the alteration, being to the extent, of Two hundred appropriated sittings. A plan shewing the number and situation of the seats is fixed up in the Vestry Room.

Rev'd Thos. H. CROFT, Minister
NOAH WYNN )
JOHN RADCLIFFE ) Church-Wardens


Data transcribed by
Jack Parry.
from photography by Colin Hinson