Hide

STOKESLEY: Stokesley Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

STOKESLEY.*
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

Early mention is made of W. Kaye, "minister of God's Word at Stokesley," who published, 1645, "Answer to Objections against the Covenant," also "Baptism without Basin."

The present chapel was erected Dec. 27, 1809.

The successive pastors have been-

  • Rev. -- SWANN.
  • Rev. -- HARDMAN.
  • Rev. -- SMITH.
  • Rev. -- DAW.
  • Rev. -- WALLACE.
  • Rev. -- JACKSON.
  • Rev. J. WHALLEY.
The pulpit is now vacant.

NOTES:-
* Information incomplete.


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.