Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: SAND HUTTON THIRSK. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Birdforth wapentake. - Population, vide Thirsk ; Chapel-room, 150; Net value, £94.
Archbishop Sharp states, that he had been informed the late Sir William Aiskew had left £25 per annum to the Curate of Sand Hutton, for serving the Cure there.
Patron and impropriator, the Archbishop of York.
Valued in 1707, at £3. 10s. 2d. per annum.
Augmented in 1753, with £200; in 1758, with £200; in 1775, with £200; and in 1792, with £200 -all by lot.
An Inclosure Act was passed 33rd Geo. III.
The glebe house was returned in 1818 as unfit for residence, " being a very small cottage," and returned " unfit" in 1834.
The Register Books for Sand Hutton and Carlton commence in 1754. Deficient 1785.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Thirsk.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 40. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Hottone), page 201. Not noticed by Torre.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.