Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for THORMANBY in Bulmer's Directory of 1890.
- Post Office at John Close's, New Row. Letters via Easingwold at 8-10 a,m., and are despatched at 4-20 p.m. in summer, and 3-20 p.m. in winter.
Miscellany of trades
- Barnett Thomas, joiner, &c.
- Cariss James, blacksmith, &c.
- Close John, grocer and postmaster, New Row
- Close Robert, cowkeeper and farrier
- Fothergill William, steam thrashing machine, &c., proprietor
- Mountain Saxton, vict., Black Bull
- Sigsworth William, shoemaker
- Knowlson George, Thormanby hall
- Knowlson Mrs. Margaret, Fir Tree house
- Plummer William
- Robinson Joseph Thomas, The Hill farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.