Thornton le Street parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Allertonshire, and in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Bishop of Durham; 3 miles from Thirsk, 6 from Northallerton, 26 from York. Population 131. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Leonard, in the deanery of Cleveland.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1598-1744, 1813-
- Marriages: 1598-1744, 1813-1964
- Burials: 1598-1744, 1813-
- 1669, 1696, 1714, 1718, 1721, 1760-1812, (all at Durham University Library, Archives and Special). The followingare at Borthwick Institute of Historical Research: 1813-1839, 1844-1870, 1874, 1875
- C 1813-1875;
- M 1813-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1598-1837; Typed transcript, no index; North Yorkshire County Record Office
- M 1813-1837; Index only; Joiner Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.