Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: MARTON LE MOOR. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Hallikeld wapentake. Population, vide Topcliffe ; Church-room, 230; Net value, £72.
Patron, the Vicar of Topcliffe.
Valued in 1707, at £6. 4s.; and in 1818, at £58. 17s. 4d. per annum.
Augmented in 1731, with £200; in 1769, with £200; in 1787, with £200; and in 1802, with £200 -all by lot.
There is no glebe house.
No Register Books prior to 1812. The entries were made at Topcliffe and Kirby-on-the-Moor.
School. One-fourth of the dividend on £250 navy fives. -Vide 4th Report, page 397.
Post town: Boroughbridge.
Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. iii. page 37.
ELDMIRE. -Here was formerly a Chapel, dedicated to the honour of St. Giles, in which Sir William Darell, Lord of Sessay, founded a Chantry, A.D. 1338.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.