[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"UPPER HELMSLEY, (or Over Helmsley) a parish in the wapentake of Bulmer; 7 miles NE. of York. Here is a church (see Churches for photograph), dedicated to St. Peter; the living is a rectory, in the patronage of the King. and the Rev. Francis William Dealtry is the incumbent."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Here is a photograph of St. Peter's Church, Upper Helmsley.
- Transcript of the entry for Upper Helmsley in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Upper Helmsley.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Upper Helmsley to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE695568 (Lat/Lon: 54.002561, -0.941171), Upper Helmsley which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)