Wath parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish in the wapentake of Hallikeld; 4½ miles from Ripon, 8 from Thirsk and Boroughbridge, 9 from Masham, 25 from York. Population 186. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Catterick, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1571-1636, 1643, 1647, 1653, 1654, 1660-1890
- Marriages: 1571-1636, 1643, 1647, 1653, 1654, 1660-1969
- Burials: 1571-1636, 1643, 1647, 1653, 1654, 1660-1964
- The above start dates are 'best guess' as the register fails to give years initially.
- 1615, 1670, 1675, 1681, 1689-1691, 1693-1696, 1698, 1700-1705,1707-1718, 1720, 1721, 1723, 1725-1730, 1732-1738, 1740-1776, 1778-1787, 1789-1814, 1816-1825, 1827-1867, (all at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds).
- C 1615-1848;
- M 1615-1848
Transcripts and Indexes:
- None known
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.