WEST ROUNTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"WEST ROUNTON, a parish in the wapentake of ALLERTONSHIRS, North riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles S.W. from Yarm, containing 217 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean and Chapter of Durham, rated in the king's books at £6, and in the patronage of the King, as Duke of Lancaster. The.church is dedicated to St. James. There is a place of worship.for Wesleyan Methodists."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]