Whitby parish registers, Eskdaleside Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry and township, in the parish of Whitby, wapentake of Whitby Strand; 5 miles from Whitby, 17 from Pickering. Population 395. Here is a Chapel of ease to Whitby.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1723, 1725, 1742-1861
- Marriages: 1836, 1839-1973
- Burials: 1767-1802, 1810-1879
- 1634*, 1636, 1637*, 1638, 1639, 1663*, 1665*, 1667-1669*, 1694,1695, 1697, 1702-1704, 1707, 1712, 1713, 1716, 1717, 1718#, 1719#, 1721- 1723#, 1742, 1746-1751, 1753, 1755, 1756, 1758-1779
* With Whitby St. Mary; # With Ugglebarnby Later transcripts are with Ugglebarnby
- C 1758-1865
Transcripts and Indexes:
- None known
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.