Hide

York Saint Olave

hide
Hide
hide
Hide

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"YORK SAINT OLAVE, a parish in the Ainsty containing places in the North Riding."


"CLIFTON, in the parishes of York Saint Michael le Belfrey and York Saint Olave, wapentake of Bulmer, a part in the liberty of St Peter; adjoins the north side of York; ¾ mile from St. Olave, 1 mile NW. of York, situated on the road to Easingwold. Pop. 469." - -(See York Saint Michael le Belfrey for directory)


"RAWCLIFFE, in the parishes of York Saint Michael le Belfrey and York Saint Olave, wapentake of Bulmer, and liberty of St. Peter's; 2¼ miles NNW. of York Saint Olave. Population, 57."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
Hide
topup

Directories

topup

Gazetteers

topup

History

  • In 1872, Clifton was constituted a distinct parish embracing the townships of Clifton and Rawcliffe. See Clifton Parish.
topup

Maps

You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE598521 (Lat/Lon: 53.961536, -1.090056), York Saint Olave which are provided by:

topup

Societies