Hide

York Saint Michael Le Belfrey

hide
Hide
hide
Hide

[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]

"YORK SAINT MICHAEL LE BELFREY, a parish in the Ainsty containing places in the North Riding."


"CLIFTON, in the parishes of York Saint Michael le Belfrey and York Saint Olave, wapentake of Bulmer, a part in the liberty of St Peter; adjoins the north side of York; ¾ mile from St. Olave, 1 mile NW. of York, situated on the road to Easingwold. Pop. 469."


"RAWCLIFFE, in the parishes of York Saint Michael le Belfrey and York Saint Olave, wapentake of Bulmer, and liberty of St. Peter's; 2¼ miles NNW. of York Saint Olave. Population, 57."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
Hide
topup

Churches

topup

Directories

topup

Gazetteers

topup

History

  • In 1872, Clifton was constituted a distinct parish embracing the townships of Clifton and Rawcliffe. See Clifton Parish.
topup

Maps

You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE603521 (Lat/Lon: 53.961478, -1.082437), York Saint Michael Le Belfrey which are provided by:

topup

Societies