Ackworth parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Osgoldcross, Liberty of Pontefract; 3 miles from Pontefract, 5 from Ferrybridge, 8 from Wakefield, 28 from York. Population, including Low Ackworth 1,575. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Cuthbert, in the deanery of Pontefract.
Deposited Registers (West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- Baptisms: 1558-1935
- Marriages: 1558-1957
- Burials: 1558-1941
- 1600-1605, 1607, 1609, 1610, 1612, 1614, 1615, 1627, 1629, 1630,1632-1640, 1667-1669, 1671, 1673, 1677, 1678, 1681-1684, 1688, 1689, 1691-1695, 1697, 1698, 1700-1746, 1748-1780, 1782-1838, 1843, 1844, 1875-1887, 1889, 1890
- C 1558-1812, 1813-1875;
- M 1600-1812, 1813-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1558-1686; Typed transcript, no index (bound in register); West Yorkshire Archive Service Wakefield
- CMB 1558-1600; Typed transcript, no index; "Yorkshire Notes and Queries", 1888; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- C 1813-1840; Typed transcript, with index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society, Society of Genealogists
- M 1770-1780; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1803-1812; Typed transcript, no index (bound in register); West Yorkshire Archive Service Wakefield
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.