The Ancient Parish of ADLINGFLEET
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"ADLINGFLEET, a parish-town, in the wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 8 miles SE. of Howden, 8 from Crowle (Linc.) 17 from Snaith, 28 from York. Pop. 256. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to All-Saints, in the deanry of Pontefract, value, £9. 12s. 11d. Patron, the King."
"EASTOFT, (a part in Lincolnshire) in the township of Haldenby, and parish of Adlingfleet, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 8 miles NE. of Thorne and 7 miles from Howden , 7½ from Crowle, (Linc.)"
"FOCKERBY, or Foccarby, in the parish of Adlingfleet, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 7 miles NE. of Crowle, (Linc.) 9 from Howden, 16½ from Snaith. Pop. 106."
"HALDENBY, in the parish of Adlingfleet, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; (Haldenby Park, the seat of John Jackson, Esq.) 6 miles from Crowle. (Linc.) 10 from Howden. Pop. 69."
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]
- Transcript of the entry for Adlingfleet in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Adlingfleet.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory and Gazetteer, Vol I, West Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Adlingfleet to another place.
- There is a considerable amount of information on the history of Adlingfleet on the "Goole on the web" site.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE842210 (Lat/Lon: 53.67869, -0.726754), Adlingfleet which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.