Adwick Upon Dearne
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"ADWICK UPON DEARNE, a parish-town, in the lower-division of Strafforth and Tickhill, liberty of Tickhill; 6 miles from Rotherham, 8 from Doncaster, 35 from York. Pop. 168. The Church a perpetual curacy, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, !£40. Patron, Lord Manvers."
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]
- Transcript of the entry for Adwick upon Dearne in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Adwick upon Dearne.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory and Gazetteer, Vol I, West Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Adwick Upon Dearne to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE468016 (Lat/Lon: 53.509011, -1.295799), Adwick Upon Dearne which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.