ADWICK UPON DEARNE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"ADWICK UPON DEARNE, a parish in the northern division of the wapeutake of STRAFFORTH and TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles N.N.E. from Rotherham, containing 168 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, hi the archdeaconry and diocese of York, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ Church, Oxford. The river Dearne, and the Dearne and Dove canal, pass through the parish. Here is a mineral spring."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]