ADWICK UPON DEARNE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"ADWICK UPON DEARNE, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill, in the West Riding of the county of York, 6 miles to the S.W. of Adwick-le-street. Rotherham is the post town. It is situated on the river Dearne and the Dearne and Dove canal, and is near the North Midland railway. The living is a curacy united with the vicarage of Wath, in the diocese of York, and in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ Church, Oxford."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013