Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: ALLERTON MAULEVERER.     Church dedication: ST. MARTIN.     Church type: Augmented Curacy.

Area, 2,300 acres. Claro wapentake. -Population, 251 *1; Church-room, 200; Net value, £65. -The Church was appropriated to the Priory at this place by Richard Mauleverer, but no Vicarage was ever endowed.

Inclosure Act 12th Geo. III.

No glebe house.

The Register Books commence in 1557.

Here was a free Chapel dedicated to Mary Magdalen.

Charity:
rent charge of 50s. per annum, given to the poor in small sums. -Vide 3rd Report, page 452.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1523. Parliamentary Survey, vol. xviii. page 361. Bodleian MS., No. 5075. 5101. Domesday Book (Aluertune), pages 10. 36. 9 5. Hargrave's Knaresborough, page 360.


Notes:
*1 Viz. Allerton Mauleverer with Hopperton, 231 ; Clareton, 20.


Other information:
ALLERTON PRIORY. -This Priory was founded by Richard Mauleverer, temp. Henry II., for Benedictines.


References:
Torre's MS., page 1523.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.