Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: NETHERTHONG.     Church dedication: ALL SAINTS.

Agbrigg wapentake, U.D. -Population, 1,004, vide Almondbury ; Chapel-room, 700 *1; Net value, £57.

Patron, the Vicar of Almondbury.

Impropriators, governors of Clitheroe School.

Built under the Parliamentary grant.

Architecture Gothic, with cupola. First stone laid 14th January 1829. Cost, £2,869. 12s. 1d. No district has yet been assigned. -Vide 10th Report, p. 3.

Augmented in 1831 with £800 from the Parliamentary grant, and in 1832 with £200, -both by lot.

An Inclosure Act was passed 7th Geo. IV.

There is no glebe house.

Register Books from the consecration.

Charity:
Shaw's gift. Interest of £20 left in 1750, by Henry Shaw, for the poor of the township not receiving parochial relief. -Vide 8th Report, page 542.

Post town: Huddersfield.


Notes:
*1 Of which 318 are free sittings. -Vide Re port of the Church Building Commissioners. In 1834, the return only states accommodation for 640 persons.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.