[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"ARNCLIFFE, a parish-town, in the west-division and liberty of Staincliffe; 4 miles W. of Kettlewell, 11 from Settle, 16 from Skipton, 50 from York. Pop. 189. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Oswald, in the deanry of Craven, value, £13. 6s. 8d. p.r. £33. 6s. 8d. Patron, the University College, Oxford."
Information on the following places in this Parish is contained on a supplementary page.
- Here are photographs of Churches etc. in the parish:
- St. Oswald's Church, Arncliffe.
- St. John the Baptist's Church, Halton Gill.
- St. Michael and All Angels, Hubberholme (view 1).
- St. Michael and All Angels, Hubberholme (view 2).
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Arncliffe.
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Chapelry of Halton Gill.
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Chapelry of Hubberholme.
- The list of Rectors for St. Oswald's, Arncliffe; on the wall in the church.
- The list of Benefactions to the parish; on the wall in the church.
- The List of Incumbents on the church wall inside St. Michael's church.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Arncliffe to another place.
- The translation of a Charter on the church wall inside St. Michael's church.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SD931718 (Lat/Lon: 54.141987, -2.107116), Arncliffe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.