Barnburgh, Yorkshire, England. Geographical and Historical information from 1835.
Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"BARNBURGH, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH and TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles W. from Doncaster, containing 466 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in lighted, and the inhabitants are amply supplied with water from springs in the neighbourhood. The environs are remarkably pleasant, and the vale of Tees abounds worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Here is a school with a small endowment for poor children."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]