Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: HECKMONDWICK.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Morley wapentake. -Population, 2,793, vide Birstal ; Chapel-room, 689 *1; Net value, £30 -Patron, the Vicar of Birstal. Impropriators, Trinity College, Cambridge.

Built under the Parliamentary grant.

Architecture Gothic, with tower and spire. First stone laid 3rd March 1830. Cost, £2,574. 10s. 6d.

No district has yet been assigned. -Vide 11th Report, page 3.

No return as to registers.

No glebe house.

Charities:
Joshua Wood's charity, by will, in 1734. Rent of one acre of land, laid out in bread on St. Thomas's day.

James Shipley's charity, by will, in 1719. Interest of £10, laid out in bread. -Vide 17th Report, page 722.

Post town: Dewsbury.


Notes:
*1 Of which 324 are free sittings-Vide Report of the Church-Building Commissioners. -In 1834, the return of Chapel-room was 700.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.