Morley wapentake. -Population, 5,265, vide Birstal; Chapel-room, 700; Net value, £93. -Patron, the Rev. Hammond Roberson.
Built by the present patron under the authority of an Act of Parliament, 52nd Geo. III. cap. 11, and endowed with five acres of land.
The Chapel and chapel-yard were consecrated 29th August 1816.
A decree as to tithes was made in the Exchequer in Michaelmas Term, 43rd Eliz., but which is unreported.
No glebe house.
No registers previous to 1813.
High Town School, founded by Josias Farrer, by will, dated 18th May 1722, who endowed it with a rent-charge of £8 per annum, and a school-house was built by the inhabitants. It is also endowed with another rent-charge of £6 per annum, under the will of Edward Beaumont, dated 22nd August 1723. Twenty-two poor children were instructed gratis.
In 1821, a National School was erected, the Master of which receives the two rents-charge, and instructs twenty-two children as free scholars. -Vide 17th Report, page 720.
Post town: Leeds.
Torre's MS., page 716. Whitaker's Loidis et Elmete, page 249.