"BRAMHAM, a parish in the wapentake of Barkston Ash."
"BOSTON, a village, and joint township with Clifford, in the parish of Bramham, and wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, West Riding, is about 190 miles from London, and 4 w. from Tadcaster; situated near to the river Wharf, which is navigable as far as Tadcaster. This village is rising into notice, and becoming celebrated for its chalybeate spring, which has been found highly efficacious in the cure of those afflicted with rheumatic complaints. Many families of great respectability have their abode here; and visitors to this improving village will find every accommodation during their sojournment. It is also to be noticed for the many highly respectable seminaries established in the village and its vicinage, in beautiful and healthy situations. Boston has a chapel of ease, under Bramham, of which the Rev. Thomas Brownrigg is the incumbent, and a chapel belonging to the Wesleyan methodists. The country around here is agricultural and, though rather flat, presents, in some situations views exceedingly pleasing. The population is returned with Clifford, which contained in 1821, 1,017 inhabitants, and in 1831, 1,166.
Thorp-Arch is a small parish, in the Ainsty of the city of York, West Riding, about 3 miles s.e. from Wetherby, pleasantly seated on the river Wharf, upon which are corn mills, and one for making paper. The only place of worship here is the parish church, a handsome structure, dedicated to All Saints; the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Wheeler family, and incumbency of the Rev. John Baker. There is a free school here, founded and endowed by Lady Elizabeth Hastings. The parish of Thorp-Arch contained, in the year 1821, 343 inhabitants, and in 1831, 316."