Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: BOSTON.     Church dedication: CHAPEL.

Peculiar. - - Perpetual Curacy. - ST. MARY THE VIRGIN. -Population, 583 ; Chapel-room, 300; Net value, £146. -The first stone was laid 28th March 1812, by William Gossip, Esq. and Samuel Taite, Esq. Consecrated December 1814.

1st June 1826, faculty granted to erect two galleries.

Marriages are not celebrated in this Chapel.

Augmented, in 1816, with £1,200, by lot, from the Parliamentary grant ; and in 1817, with £300 from the same grant, to meet benefaction of £200 from Mary Assheton, widow of Grosvenor Perfect, Esq.

Post town: Wetherby.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.