Burnsall parish registers, Conistone Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the township of Coniston cum Kilnsey, and parish of Burnsall, east division of Staincliffe, Liberty of Clifford's Fee; 3 miles from Kettlewell, 12 from Skipton and Settle. Population, including Kilnsey 137, which being united, form a township. Here is a Chapel to Burnsall, dedicated to St. Mary.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1567-1812
- Marriages: 1567-1735, 1796-1812, 1837-1940
- Burials: 1567-1812
- 1635*, 1636, 1638-1640, 1665-1669, 1671-1673, 1675, 1678, 1682-1684, 1688, 1689, 1692, 1693, 1696-1698, 1700-1703, 1705-1710, 1713-1716, 1718-1839, 1842-1845, (1840, 1856-1864#)
* With Burnsall; # At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1567-1812, 1813-1845;
- M 1567-1812, 1813-1845
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1567-1812; Printed transcript with index; W. J. Stavert, 1894; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1568-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.