Burnsall parish registers, Rylstone Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish of Burnsall, east-division of Staincliffe, Liberty of Clifford's-Fee; 4 miles from Gargrave, 5 from Skipton, 10 from Kettlewell, 14 from Settle. Population 145. Here is a Chapel of ease to Burnsall, dedicated to Saint Peter.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1559-1888
- Marriages: 1559-1754, 1796-1978
- Burials: 1559-1900
- 1601*, 1602*, 1605*, 1635*, 1636-1639, 1641, 1664-1669, 1671-1673,1675-1678, 1682-1684, 1688, 1689, 1691, 1692, 1694, 1695, 1697-1703, 1705-1715, 1717-1738, 1740-1823, 1826-1835, (1856-1858, 1876#)
* With Burnsall; # At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1559-1812, 1813-1835;
- M 1560-1754, 1797-1812, 1813-1835
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1559-1812, 2 vols; Printed transcript with index; C. H. Lowe, 1895 + 1896; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1560-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.