Hide

STANNINGLEY: Stanningley Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

STANNINGLEY.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

This chapel was opened July 25, 1855, by sermons from Rev. J. Stoughton.

The ministers have been-

  • 1855. Rev. HENRY Barry. Removed 1857 to Horncastle.
  • Jan. 2, 1859 Rev. H. HusTWICK, from Great Ayton. Removed Feb , 1862, to Honley, near Huddersfield.
  • June, 1862. Rev. G. W. HARRIS. Resigned Oct., 1865. Removed to Leeds.
  • May, 1866. Rev. W. JOWETT. The present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.