Hide

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Campsall:

hide
Hide
Hide


"ASKERN, or ASKRON, in the parish of Campsall, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 7 miles N. of Doncaster, 9 from Pontefract, 10 from Thorne, 11 from Ferrybridge, 12 from Selby, 17 from Wakefield and Barnsley. Pop. 159." (There is further information for Askern).


"BARNSDALE LODGE, a single house in the township and parish of Campsall; 7½ miles from Pontefract and Doncaster."


"CAMPS MOUNT, (the residence of General Sir John Bing, K.G.B.) in the township and parish of Campsall, liberty of Pontefract; 8 miles from Doncaster, 9 from Ferrybridge."


"FENWICK, in the parish of Campsall, wapentake of Osgoldcross; 8 miles N. of Doncaster, 11 from Pontefract. Pop. 295."


"HAYWOOD, a farm-house in the township and parish of Campsall; 7 miles N. of Doncaster."


"MOSS, in the parish of Campsall, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 6 miles W. of Thorne, 9 from Doncaster, 13 from Pontefract. Pop. 242."


"NORTON, in the parish of Campsall, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 7½ miles from Pontefract, 8½ N. of Doncaster and Ferrybridge. Pop. 668."


"NORTON PRIORY, a hamlet in the parish of Campsall, wapentake of Osgoldcross."


"SUTTON, in the parishes of Campsall and Burghwallis, wapentake of Osgoldcross, liberty of Pontefract; 7 miles N. of Doncaster, 11 from Ferrybridge. Pop. 145."

[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]