Hide

COPGROVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

"COPGROVE, a parish in the lower division of the wapentake of Claro, in the West Riding of the county of York, 4 miles N. of Knaresborough. Boroughbridge is its post town. It is situated on the river Nidd. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Ripon, value £200, in the patronage of T. Duncombe, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is a stone edifice. The charities produce £3 per annum. The principal residence is Copgrove Hall, which contains a fine collection of portraits and busts."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013