COWTHORPE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"COWTHORPE, a parish in the upper division of the wapentake of CLARO, West riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.N.E. from Wetherby, containing 120 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £4. 15. 10., and in the patronage of T. Starkie, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]