Hide

DEWSBURY: Dewsbury-Gawthorpe Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

DEWSBURY-GAWTHORPE.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

In 1856, a movement was made towards the gathering of a congregation in this village, and a chapel built in 1858, soon after which a church was formed. The first pastor was-
  • 1864. Rev. W. DIXON. He was much respected; ob. 1867.
  • 1866. Rev. W. DANIELL, the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.