Hide

DEWSBURY: Dewsbury-Highfield Chapel Earlsheaton Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

DEWSBURY-HIGHFIELD CHAPEL, EARLSHEATON.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

As many of the members and originators of Ebenezer Chapel resided here, it was felt that a sanctuary for their accommodation was requisite. A new chapel was accordingly erected and opened, Sept. 24, 1862, by Revs. G. Smith and Dr. Raffles. The cost of the chapel and appurtenances was £6,525. The first minister was-
  • 1863. Rev. JAMES COLLIER (from Huddersfield). He is the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.