Dewsbury parish registers, Hanging Heaton Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the township of Soothill, and parish of Dewsbury, Agbrigg division of Agbrigg and Morley, Liberty of Wakefield; 1 mile from Dewsbury, 5 from Wakefield. Population 1,924 (in 1831). The Church, dedicated to St. Paul, is a perpetual curacy.
Deposited Registers (West Yorkshire Archive Service, Wakefield)
- Baptisms: 1825-1963
- Marriages: 1837-1959
- Burials: 1826-1948
- 1826, 1827, 1830, 1834, 1835, 1838, 1839, 1841-1843, 1845, 1847,(1852-1853*)
* At West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds
- C 1825-1847
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1825-1909; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
- C 1826-1909; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
- B 1826-1899; Transcript with index; Huddersfield and District Family History Society (purchase)
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.