Doncaster parish registers, Loversall Chapelry: Dates and current locations etc.
A Chapelry in the parish and soke of Doncaster, lower division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 3 miles from Doncaster, 4 from Tickhill, 10 from Rotherham. Population 131. The Church is a perpetual curacy.
Deposited Registers (Doncaster Archives)
- Baptisms: 1844-1970
- Marriages: 1837-1976
- Burials: 1814-1980
- Note: Earlier registers destroyed by thieves, who lit a fire to keep warm, and
- used the registers as the fuel.
- 1601, 1602, 1605, 1607, 1609, 1610, 1612, 1624, 1626, 1628-1630,1632, 1634-1636, 1638, 1639, 1661-1668, 1672, 1675, 1677, 1680, 1682, 1683, 1686, 1689, 1692, 1694-1703, 1706-1716, 1718-1802, 1804-1836
- C 1718-1834;
- M 1718-1835
Transcripts and Indexes:
- M 1754-1837; Index only; Archdeaconry of Doncaster Marriage Index
- M 1756-1835; Typed transcript, no index; Doncaster Archives
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.