Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.
The place: WADSLEY. Church dedication: CHAPEL.
Chapel-room, 660 *1.
Patrons, the Miss Hamsoms, of Weston House.
A Chapel has been lately built by the abovementioned ladies, and which has been consecrated.
School. Endowment, rentcharge of 20s. a year, left by Margaret Bamforth, by will, dated in 1712, and 2a. 2r. 26p. of land. Some free scho-lars. -Vide 21st Report, page 616.
Hunter's South Yorkshire, vol. ii. page 191. Hunter's Hallamshire, page 271.
*1 Of which 222 are free sittings.
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.