Hide

OUGHTIBRIDGE: Oughtibridge Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

OUGHTIBRIDGE
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

Is a village lying in the valley of the Don, before the river reaches Sheffield, just under the shadow of Wharncliffe. A chapel was erected here in 1833. Rev. J. Dunkerly was for some time minister. It is now supplied by lay preachers from Sheffield.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.