EDLINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"EDLINGTON, a parish in the southern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-AND-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles S.S.W. from Doncaster, containing 141 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £9 Lord Molesworth was patron in 1818. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]