[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"FINNINGLEY, a parish in the county of Nottinghamshire."
"ACOMB, or Akeholme, a farm-house in the township of Blaxton, and parish of Finningley, (Notts.) soke of Doncaster; 6½ miles from Bawtry, 7 from Thorne."
"AUCKLEY, a hamlet in the township of Blaxton, and parish of Finningley, (Notts.) upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill, soke of Doncaster; 6 miles ESE. of Doncaster, 6¾ from Bawtry. A part of Aukley is in Nottinghamshire.
Here was found in 1746 a fine Urn with ashes and coins of Constantine in it, and twenty more under it. Gough's Camden."
"BLAXTON, in the parish of Finningley, (Notts.) and soke of Doncaster, lower division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 5 miles N. of Bawtry, 7½ from Doncaster. Pop. 117."
- Transcript of the entry for Finningley in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Finningley.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory and Gazetteer, Vol I, West Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Finningley to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK672992 (Lat/Lon: 53.485235, -0.988757), Finningley which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient) parish, but I have no further information on them other than the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (SK639999) Hay Field
- (SE653008) Lidget
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.