[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"FIRBECK, a parish-town, in the upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill, liberties of St. Peter and Tickhill; (Firbeck Hall, the seat of John Gally Knight, Esq.) 4 miles S. of Tickhill, 6 from Worksop, (Notts.) 7½ from Bawtry, 11 from Rotherham, 44 from York. Pop. 226. The Church is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Doncaster, value, p.r. £41. Patron, the Chancellor of St. Peters, York. This church was rebuilt on the site of the old one, in 1820 1, by Mrs. Gally Knight."
"CUCKOLDS HAVEN, a farm-house in the township and parish of Firbeck; 4 miles S. of Tickhill."
"PARK HILL, (the seat of A.B. St. Ledger, Esq.) in the township and parish of Firbeck, upper-division of Strafforth and Tickhill; 4 miles S. of Tickhill, 6 from Worksop, (Notts.)"
[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]