FRICKLEY WITH CLAYTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"FRICKLEY WITH CLAYTON, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-and-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 10 miles N.E. from Barnesley, containing, with Clayton, 360 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy with Clayton, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, endowed with ££00 parliamentary grant. S. Andrew Ward, Esq. was patron in 1821."
"CLAYTON, in the parish of Frickley with Clayton, northern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH and TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 9 miles N.E. from Barnesley. The population is returned with Frickley. The living is a perpetual curacy, with that of Frickley, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]