Hide

MARTINTOP: Martintop Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

MARTINTOP.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

This congregation was begun 1816. The church was formed August 11.

The pastors have been-

  • 1837. Rev. ROBERT ABRAM. Came to Martintop the 26th day of October, was ordained the 3rd day of July, 1838, and left Martin-top in May, 1843.
  • 1843. Rev. EBENEZER SLOANE HERON. He was ordained in May, 1846, and left in Nov., 1848.
  • 1853. Rev. JOHN DEAN. He was ordained June 5th, 1855, and died at Martintop, January 9th, 1857.
  • WILLIAM JOWETT came to preach at Martintop in 1860, and left in 1861.
  • The pulpit is now vacant.

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.