Great Ouseburn parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish-town, in the lower-division of Claro, Liberty of the Forest of Knaresborough; 4 miles from Boroughbridge, 7 from Knaresborough, 14 from York. Population 437. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Boroughbridge, diocese of Chester.
Deposited Registers (North Yorkshire County Record Office)
- Baptisms: 1659-1996
- Marriages: 1659-1978
- Burials: 1659-1997
- 1615, 1670, 1674, 1676, 1680, 1681, 1686, 1687, 1689-1691, 1696,1698, 1699, 1702, 1705, 1706, 1708-1713, 1715-1718, 1723, 1725, 1726, 1728, 1730, 1732-1735, 1737, 1738, 1740-1804, 1806, 1808-1844, 1846-1868 (All at West Yorkshire Archive Service, Leeds)
- C 1658-1848
Transcripts and Indexes:
- C 1658-1737, 1813-1821; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1658-1737, 1754-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
- M 1658-1812; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1700-1737; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- B 1658-1737, 1813-1820; Typed transcript, no index; Yorkshire Archaeological Society
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.