Hide

LUDDENDENFOOT: Luddendenfoot Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

LUDDENDENFOOT.
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

Preaching was begun among this increasing population in 1851, by the conjoint ministers of Booth, Sowerby, and Sower by Bridge. At length Messrs. Whitworth, whose factory is near, resolved to build a chapel and dwelling-house, which, with all appurtenances, cost between £5000 and £6000. The chapel was opened April 22, 1859, and a church was formed.
  • 1859. Rev. ARTHUR HALL (New Coll.) was the first pastor. His ministry was very energetic and active. He removed to London 1863.
  • 1864. Rev. S. D. HILLMAN, (New Cull.), the present minister (in 1868).

Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.