Hide

WOODHOUSE: Woodhouse Congregational Church History up to 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

WOODHOUSE*
(CONGREGATIONAL.)

Here is a chapel of many years' standing. For a long time it was sustained by a zealous and intelligent farmer of the neighbourhood, a Mr. Hattersley, who was a lay preacher of considerable repute in the neighbourhood. Subsequently it was supplied by lay preachers from Sheffield. By the liberal assistance of the W. R. Congregational Union, and with the wise and kind assistance of Rev. J. Calvert, of Attercliffe, a minister has just commenced his labours here, the Rev. J. KITCHIN, from Airedale College.

NOTES:-
* Communicated by Rev. Dr. Falding.


Transcribed by Colin Hinson © 2014
from the Appendix to
Congregationalism in Yorkshire
by James C. Miall, 1868.