Hide

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Handsworth:

hide
Hide
Hide


"BALLIFIELD HALL, (the seat of John Jubb, Esq.) in the township and parish of Handsworth, 4 miles E. of Sheffield, 5 from Rotherham."


"BRAMLEY HALL, (the seat of T. Weldon, Esq.) in the township and parish of Handsworth, 4 miles ESE. of Sheffield, 6 from Rotherham."


"HALL GATE, 3 farm-houses in the township and parish of Handsworth, 4 miles E. of Sheffield, 6 from Rotherham."


"HANDSWORTH WOODHOUSE, in the parish of Handsworth, wapentake of Strafforth and Tickhill; 5 miles SE. of Sheffield."


"HURLEFIELD, a hamlet in the township and parish of Handsworth, 3¼ miles S. of Sheffield."


"INTACK END, a hamlet in the township and parish of Handsworth, 3 miles SE. of Sheffield."


"LAMB HILL, a hamlet in the township and parish of Handsworth, liberty of Hallamshire; 3 miles from Sheffield."


"RICHMOND, a hamlet in the township and parish of Handsworth, 4 miles ESE. of Sheffield, 5 from Rotherham."


"WOODHOUSE, or Handsworth Wood House, in the township and parish of Handsworth, liberties of St. Peter and Hallamshire; 5 miles from Sheffield."


"WOODTHORPE, (the seat of Hugh Parker, Esq.) in the township and parish of Handsworth, 3 miles from Sheffield."

[Description(s) edited from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson © 2013]