HICKLETON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HICKLETON, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of STRAFFORTH-AND-TICKHILL, West riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles N.W. from Doncaster, comprising the township of Hickleton, and containing 153 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, endowed with £ 600 private benefaction, and £ 1200 royal bounty. G.W. Wentworth, Esq. was patron in 1817 The church is dedicated to St. Denis."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]